* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

So*What*I'm*Not*Your*Average*Girl

Katie's Blog: thoughts for the night

Katie's Blog

I'm not your average girl....but so what?!!

Saturday, March 25, 2006

thoughts for the night

ok, so i gotta get these thoughts out, so sorry in advance if this dont make sense, coz i'm not planning on re-reading it b4 postin, otherwise it is unlikely to get there.
i dont know why, but since remembering stuff that happened, i have gotten heaps more protective of my personal space. I have tried to tell dad that i really just need him to listen to me when i ask him not to hug me or whatever, but he dont listen. He thinks its this big joke that i dont like him kissing me, even my cheek, or that i dont let him pat my backside (speaking of which, why the HELL does he need to??) as though i am a little kid or somethin. He thinks just dont listen to me, and i dont know how i can get him to.
It has gotten to the point where when i am having a bad day, there r very few people i will even accept a hug from. For any of u who knew me b4, u would know what a big thing that is for me, esp coz touch is (or maybe was) my main love language.
i dont know if my thinking is just weird or if i have lost the plot or what....

3 Comments:

Blogger Zarna said...

It's completely understandable. You've remembered a time when you personal space has been invaded big time and it's perfectly normal to be that way now especially where men are involved.
If you want your dad to get the point show him this post (you don't have to show him all of it or your whole blog - copy & paste into word - but just show him the bit about being really protective of your personal space) and tell him that you will be able to deal with it again one day and you still love him but at the moment you need space while you are working through these issues.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

awwww *hugs*

I love you Katie!! I think I understand a bit of how you feel, because I think physical touch is my love language too and I don't know what to do about it (for different reasons). We should chat about it on the phone sometime and come up with an evil plan to save the world!!

I'm praying for you!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

yes!! we shall have an evil plan to save the world!! and it shall be prophetic, but not pathetic! hmmm...i wonder if an evil laugh would be appropriate here

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home